Sunday, September 21, 2008

Berlin, Germany: September 18-21st

Wednesday, September 17:
  • Flight to Frankfurt on the red-eye. Next morning we had a flight into Berlin.

Thursday, September 18:

  • Arrived in Berlin around 1:00 PM.
  • Checked into the hotel - http://www.berlin.radissonsas.com/, went to the room and took a nap for about an hour.
  • Met up with the team at 3:30 to review our slides. Worked on that until 7 when we got changed and went to dinner.
  • Dinner with our internal team and one of our vendors. It was a really nice time.
  • After dinner, another meeting to review slides.
  • Didn't get to bed until 12 and was exhausted.

Friday, September 19

  • Wakeup call at 6:15 AM. Very very tough to get out of bed.
  • Breakfast at 7:30 AM in the hotel.
  • Meeting all day. It was very tense and very very difficult to communicate. This was also the first time my CEO was at one of these meetings and saw how things went down.
  • At the end of the meeting, we had the whole team from our client and our team meet to try to establish the best way to handle getting things accomplished. This lasted until 6:45 when we needed to stop so we could go to dinner with the other team.
  • Got ready and went to dinner. I was so exhausted at this point, both mentally and physically. Dinner was ok, didn't really eat much because I wasn't in the mood.
  • Finished up dinner and my CEO wanted to call my boss. Bossman, CEO and I talked for about an hour (got lots of good compliments) and

Saturday, September 20

  • Another early morning. 7AM meeting meant me getting up at 5:45 with lack of sleep.
  • Meeting was tense again, until time for my presentation. It went well and my CEO helped with presenting. Meeting took a change for better at that point.
  • We met with the upper mgmt at the client, with our upper management and we made a plan that we need to deliver on. Means I'll be working straight through until October 1st. I think there will be a reward at the end of this...at least I hope there is.

Sunday, September 21

  • Flight home. Long and I didn't sleep. And now I'm exhausted and time for bed...have an early morning meeting to attend.

Cheers!

No comments: