Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina: July 11-19th

Well ladies (and gents?), this was my first true vacation in 3 years. Yes you've read that right. I won't bore you with the daily details, but it was by far one of the best vacations I've ever had and we're making it a yearly tradition.

Background: My mom's familia rented a HUGE house on the beach. We all drove down on Friday/Saturday and had a wonderful time.

Highlights:

  • Family
  • Central Air
  • 7 bathrooms
  • Waking up at 10 AM, putting on my bathing suit and planting my ass on the beach all day
  • Staying up til 3, playing games and drinking with my family
  • Home cooked meals. Each night a different "team" cooked dinner. We ate like kings and enjoyed it every night
  • Girls only happy hour. Walking to the beach bar, coming back a little tipsy and entertaining the men folk
  • Having the cops called on us for playing beer pong too loud
  • Left Right Center - Best game ever.
  • Lots of pictures - photo session on the beach
  • Getting a tan
  • Going to WW while I was still on vacation
  • Turning off my work email on my phone the whole time I was away. Only checking said email twice a day, but only to read, not to respond.
  • Seeing the whole family sitting around and just observing everyone. It was truly awesome to sit and catch up and chat and rock on the deck. Just an amazing time all around.

It was by far one of the best weeks of my life and I can't wait til next year!!!! Pictures are on myspace.

No comments: