Sunday, January 13, 2008

Atlanta, GA: January 11-12, 1008

This trip was for work, an Investigator's Meeting for one of our clients.

Jan 11, 2008:
  • We had an 11:30 flight from Philly International to Atlanta-Hartsfield on US Airways. As much as some people complain (*knocks on wood*), I've never had a problem with flying them. Flight boarded on time, took off a little late, but still got us there by 2.
  • We had to take a taxi from the airport to the hotel, Marriott Century City. We got there about 2:45 and met with our client to review our slides.
  • The meeting planner/travel arrangement maker for this was horrible. We were treated like the red-headed step children. Our hotel wasn't covered like everyone else's was (not a problem - we can expense, but typically at these meetings its all expenses included). Then my room wasn't what was requested - it was a full size bed, tiny room. Not bad, just not what they stated it would be.
  • We hit up the lounge for lunch - because this was not provided. After lunch we hung out in our rooms doing some afternoon work before our dinner meeting that night.
  • Met for dinner/cocktail hour at 7. Had 3 glasses of water during that time because I wasn't going to blow the great progress I made all week just for a glass of wine right then. Chatted with quite a few of the coordinators for the study and then dinner started.
  • Food wasn't that good or diet friendly.

Jan 12, 2008:

  • We had a 7 AM breakfast call. Sucked because I didn't sleep all night. Breakfast wasn't that spectacular.
  • Morning session of the meeting went from 7:30 until 12:30. Not too bad but the mtg planner didn't want to adjust the schedule, even though we were running an hour early!
  • Lunch was from 12 to 1:30 - was ok and a bit more diet friendly.
  • After lunch was my presentation - if I do say so myself - I knocked it out of the park. I was recorded and I just felt really good about my presentation. The A/V guy complimented me and told me I really didn't need to be mic'ed because I have a great speaking voice and he could hear me just fine!
  • We wrapped the meeting up at about 2:30 and finally headed for the airport at 3:15. We actually had car service this time.
  • Got to the airport and checked in - scored us some exit row seating and then went to grab something for dinner and use the rest of our points because it was going to be late when we got home. Went to TGIFridays and has bunless burgers - pretty good but since I'm not a big red meat eater and have been eating well all week - it reeked havoc on my tummy and I still feel full this morning.

All in all it was a great meeting, just wish it wasn't on a Saturday.

No comments: