- Packed our bags and headed to the airport for our 7:15 flight to Florida.
- Family vaca/get-together down there: Steph, Ash, Rich, Uncle Bruce and I all flew out that night, landed, got our bags and minivan and headed to meet the rest of the crew.
- Got to my uncles around 11:30, had some leftover pizza, a few beers and laughs and headed back to the rental house.
- Rich and I headed to the pool for some QT and relaxation.
- Got to spend night #1 on the pullout couch (thank god it was in a room with doors). Ouchie.
Thursday, July 16th:
- Got up and got ready to head to my uncle's house since the girls were going to the gym, my uncle and Rich were going golfing, and I had to work part of the day.
- Took my first Zumba class and it was AWESOME. Seriously I stalked out when they have the class at my gym and I plan on taking it sometime this week.
- Got done the class and headed back to my uncle's house. I did my conference call and some emailing and then we headed over to the other house to lay by the pool until the guys got done.
- Everyone was trying to figure out what to do for dinner/evening plans, and since no one wanted plans, the kids decided to go see Danae at work and watch the Phillies.
- Thanks to lots of mis-communication and too many cooks in the kitchen, we didn't get there until the 9th inning. We ordered some food, played some "cornhole" and had some drinks. Good times until Steph wanted to leave. We wound up heading home around 11, hit the pool again and then slept.
Friday, June 17th:
- Slept in a little late that morning and got up around 9:30. Real late I know ;)
- The tentative plan was to hit the beach that day, but I had a teleconference at noon that I need to be at a computer to have, so I told Steph to make other plans.
- I decided that I was going to cook dinner for everyone that night too. I'm not really a fan of the beach (well really the sand), so I was perfectly happy laying by the pool all day...which is just what we did!
- The guys went golfing again, some went to the beach, others hung out by the pool.
- I started cooking dinner when everyone ran some errands.
- We ate dinner - everyone said it was good, I thought it was missing a little something since it wasn't my kitchen - and we decided to have a game night.
- We played games on the porch, drank yummy wine and talked. Great times and great conversations.
- Got to bed a little late after taking another swim and cleaning everything up.
Saturday, June 18th:
- We got up early since we had to clean the house and be out of there by 12.
- Cleaned out the fridge, packed everything up and headed to my uncles.
- Game plan was a pool party at Peg and Joe's until we were heading to the Clearwater Thresher's game for baseball and fireworks.
- Their house is amazing and seriously has me contemplating buying a vacation home or summer home down there at some point in the next 5 years.
- Got to the game, tickets were cheap, seats were great, fireworks included, buckets of beer and we had a great time!
- Headed back to my uncle's to finish up the beer and food and hung out on the porch.
- Rich and I had a tense conversation that night, but since we were both tired and a little drunk, we went to sleep.
Sunday, June 19th:
- Got up early and was still reeling from our convo the night before, so we went into one of the rooms and had a talk. A lot was discussed...(good and bad), but it left us both with stuff to think about.
- We headed out around 1:30 to go to the airport and take our flight home.
- Uneventful and by 8 we were all safely nestled in our own beds :)
All in all it was a great time to see everyone and let everyone meet each other...but next time I'll rethink our sleeping arrangements and plans before we commit to going again. Rich noticied a lot of things from observing my family and we had a lot of discussions regarding future trips, etc.