Monday, April 6, 2009

Padova, Italy: March 31st-April 3rd, 2009

Tuesday, March 31st:
  • Flight from Philly to Frankfurt: Depart around 4:15.
  • Upgraded to Envoy class - pretty friggin sweet for 30K miles :)
  • Didn't get as much sleep as I wanted, but that's due to my sinuses flaring up and my mind racing.

Wednesday, April 1st:

  • Flight from Frankfurt to Venice. Landed in Venice around 11 AM, got my bags, met one of the guys I was traveling with, and headed to Padova.
  • Car ride was about 30 minutes.
  • I almost passed out when we got off the exit. There was nothing around but car dealers and an Ikea. Seriously?
  • Checked into the hotel (Sheraton - not too bad) and went to my room for some sleep.
  • Took a nap til 3PM, got up and started working.
  • Met some of the team for dinner at 8, came back to the room and passed out.

Thursday, April 2nd:

  • Really, a 7:30 AM breakfast call? Ugh.
  • Meeting from 8 until 4...which ran until 6.
  • Decided to meet some of the team for drinks/dinner at 7:30, so I went back to my room to "unwind".
  • Wound up getting stuck doing work until 7:30, so I rushed right down to the hotel bar.
  • We decided to just hang out there and have dinner. Good meal, good wine.
  • After dinner, one of the guys decided that since its my last night, we needed to have a few drinks.
  • A few drinks turned into just him and I, 4 hours and 80 euro later. Wouldn't be too bad except he made a few comments about online dating, why I didn't accept his facebook friendship, etc. I've known him for a while and we talked about a lot of stuff...I think he's just at a frustrated point right now, so it was good for him to vent.
  • 2:30 is when we finally split for our rooms.
  • I had to get up at 4AM to pack and get ready for our 5 AM departure. Lovely. I wound up staying up, checking websites, (sent an email to Boston - haven't heard a response, guess I know where I stand now :), and packed my stuff.

Friday, April 3rd:

  • Left for the airport at 5 am.
  • Didn't realize how tipsy I was until I got on the plane. Slept the whole flight from Venice to Frankfurt
  • Was able to upgrade again on the flight home, for 30K points. Again well worth it - I slept so soundly for 7 hours :)
  • Landed in Philly around 2:30, got my luggage, thanked the dear lord for car service, and headed home.

No comments: